Lauryn so far...

Lauryn is going on 20 months this month... wow how time flies.

I'll try to keep some separate updates on our little pumpkin...

She had her last appointment in September where she got her final set of shots for a while (thankfully). She tipped the scales at a whopping 22.4 lbs and 31" tall.  Her weight is in the 20%, height in 50% and her head size is in the 90%!  That girl has a lot of brains packed in there!


She still needs a "booster" flu shot, but I'm debating whether I'm going to have her get that.  I think I might just give her the H1N1 shot.  Even with that, I hate to give her shots - but it out weighs the risk of her possibly getting that flu and having complications from it. 
Her favorite activities as of late have been playing outside at the farm.  She loves rocks. Loves them, almost strange obsession love... !  Kidding Laur, but really she has to touch or collect at least 2 every time she goes outside.  She also loves throwing them in any shape or form of water, puddles, dog's water, horse's water, you name it.  Another new adventure for her out here has been ranger rides.  My in-laws own a ranger off road four wheeler (all jacked up on mountain dew) type of vehicle.  She loves it.  She asks Bobbi almost daily to go on a ranger ride.
Her language skills have skyrocketed in the past month.  She is putting together mostly two and some three word sentences.  She knows almost all the main colors except she can't say red.  That's a tough one!  She has started repeating some numbers, but in no particular order.  She likes the number 2 and 6 a lot.  She calls most people by their first name - including grandma and grandpas!  She also knows which couples go together and if she hears one name, she will ask where the other is ie: Jack - and she will ask "Yinsey?" (Lindsay) :)
Favorite shows right now: Shrek, as always - though she has really taken a liking to the movie "Over the Hedge" on longer car rides.  She loves Handy Manny, Mickey Mouse Club and Sesame Street.  All favorites of mine as well because that means I get to shower in the morning while she's being entertained!  I want to introduce her to Toy Story - I know she would love it.  That's all for now, I will update more later as she continues to impress me!

0 comments:

Back to Home Back to Top Belz Spot. Theme ligneous by pure-essence.net. Bloggerized by Chica Blogger.